TL;DR: Write technical posts related to Hasura. For every article of yours that we publish on the Hasura blog, you will get paid between $100 & $300.
The Hasura Technical Writer program is a way for you to support the Hasura GraphQL engine by writing technical content, and get paid for doing so!
As with any open source project, great technical content is key to the success of the Hasura GraphQL engine. Simple, well written tutorials, integrations and guides can make a huge difference when someone is using a dev tool for the first time. Your articles will help us grow Hasura’s public repository of resources, and make it easier for developers to start using the GraphQL Engine.
Through this program, authors can opt for a personal payout or for a donation to a charity or open source project of their choice for articles posted on the Hasura blog.
Here’s how the process works:
- Apply with a topic/proposal here.
- Once your proposal is accepted, our editors will get in touch and help you refine your title and outline. We will also decide on the mechanisms of the payout at this stage. We will pay you between 100$ to 300$ depending on how exhaustive the content piece is. This can be in the form of a personal payout via Paypal, Patreon or an Amazon gift card, or we can donate an equivalent amount to a charity or open source project of your choice.
- Write: We will share writing guides, best practices, and references that you can look at as you write your post. Our editors will also be in constant touch to help you anytime you need them.
- Once the draft is finalised, we will publish the piece on our blog. Every piece will be accompanied by your bio and social media links. All content will be published under the Creative Commons license.
- We will make the payout as we had agreed at the acceptance phase. We will also send you some special Hasura swag, and feature your work on our social media channels and newsletter.
What we're looking for:
Some of the topics we are interested in are:
- Tutorials for how to build apps using the 3factor pattern.
- End to end app development tutorials using the Hasura GraphQL Engine.
- App development using Hasura and your favourite frontend framework (Angular, Vue, React, etc).
- Guides that show how Hasura can work with other open source tools, cloud providers, etc.
You can also propose other topics, so long as they relate to the Hasura GraphQL Engine.
We do not publish posts that have appeared elsewhere, and we will check to make sure that content we publish does not violate any copyright.
Who can apply:
Short answer - anyone. We would especially encourage first time writers to apply. We realise writing a technical post can seem a daunting task, but we’ll give you all the support you need to come up with an amazing blogpost.
Please don’t let anything discourage you from applying - it doesn’t even matter if English isn’t your strongest language. If you have a great idea, we’ll help you put pen to paper.
If you have any questions, would like clarifications on any of the information above, or generally want to chat about the program, you can either send us an email at [email protected], or ping Harsha (username: #ChocolateBear#0834 - dont ask 🙄) on our Discord.